The United Teachers of Santa Clara (UTSC) represents over 800 educators including teachers, psychologists, speech pathologists, counselors, and other certificated personnel in the Santa Clara Unified School District. Affiliated with the 335,000-member California Teachers Association (CTA) and the 2.7 million-member National Education Association (NEA), UTSC exists to represent its members with the goal of improving working conditions and compensation. Our association believes in the power of public education as an essential institution in promoting and defending our democracy. Our members are passionate advocates for their students and our association strives to continually improve public education and provide academic opportunity to students of all backgrounds. UTSC officers lead a collective effort to protect and support teachers by enforcing our contract to ensure that teachers in the district are treated professionally.
UTSCs Mission is to provide representation of all unit members in all matters related to employment environment, employer-employee relations, and terms and conditions of employment.
UTSCs Vision is to improve working conditions for all unit members to insure quality public education for every child.
UTSC Belief Statement
We believe that public education is an essential institution in furthering the goals of our democracy and improving our society. We believe that access to education is a human right. We believe in optimizing the potential of every human being in an effort to improve the human condition in our society.
The strength of the relationships between the individuals in public education affects its success. Our organization, The United Teachers of Santa Clara, is committed to improving the quality of public education as well as our citizens’ access to that institution. We work diligently to improve salary, benefits, and working conditions of our members to help fulfill this commitment.
Union Code of Conduct
1. I will not criticize any union colleague except to the individual directly.
2. If any union colleague is being criticized in my presence, I will confront the criticism and ask that it stop.
3. I will not participate in any conversations with management that criticize,or negatively speculate about, any union colleague.
4. I will settle my differences with colleagues within the union.
5. I will engage in debate, offer others every opportunity for debate and respect minority viewpoints, but I will observe and support the majority mandate of my union.
**** An injury to one is an injury to all****