TENTATIVE AGREEMENT REACHED!
We have a tentative agreement with the district. The agreement includes:
- 9.5% increase on Salary Schedule retroactive to July 1, 2016
- 9.5% increase on Stipends and Hourly Rates effective the month following ratification by UTSC and SCUSD Board
- Added a second Teacher Workday to the calendar before the beginning of the next school year. This means an approximate .5% salary increase by adding that day.
- Added psychologists to the list of those who receive the SAI stipend retroactively applied back to July 1st, 2016.
- Removed the Program Specialist position from the bargaining unit effective July 1st, 2017.
- Agreed to changes to Article 25 Children Center/State Pre-School Permit Teachers
- Agreed to a calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
There is no change to the dollar amount of the district contribution to certificated members’ medical plans.
More details about the agreement are forthcoming and will be available to all members before the ratification vote.
This is only tentative and must be ratified by the membership. The ratification vote will take place the week of December 12th. Voting packets will be available at the Monday, December 12th rep council and a representative from each site should come to rep council in order to get the packet to administer the vote at their respective site.
Your bargaining team did a great job and deserves your appreciation for their hard work.
Bargaining Team Members: Tracy Pope (Chair) Ann-Marie Sierra, George Niczewicz, Sara Deweese, Carson Crites, and Lisa Vieler, CTA Liaison
Michael Hickey, UTSC President
Get Involved Be Informed
Tracy Pope(Chair) – Cabrillo Middle School
George Niczewicz – Wilcox High School
Carson Crites – Psychologist
Sara DeWeese – Cabrillo Middle School
Ann-Marie Sierra – Pomeroy Elementary School